Highway-Rail Grade Crossing System
BODAN® Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Surface is a precast reinforced polymer concrete crossing system used for highway/rail crossings and designed for heavy full speed traffic. Unlike other crossings, BODAN® does not rely on railroad ties for attachment or support. The product’s unique modular design allows for easy removal to perform routine track inspection and maintenance.
BODAN® uses a bridge design concept, so the vehicle axle loads are transferred directly to the rails. Panel tests show they are capable of withstanding loads in excess of 44,000 lbs. The BODAN® system accommodates curved as well as multiple track crossings, switches and sidewalks. The components may be custom-molded to match your site.
Features & Advantages
- Accessible: No lag bolts needed, the modular panels bridge to the rails
- Easy: Panels can be removed for routine track maintenance
- Strong: Steel reinforcements support HS 25 traffic loads
- Safe: High-friction granular surfacing material provides a skid-resistant surface
- Durable: Modular precast polymer concrete impervious to salt, fuel and moisture
BODAN® is manufactured by Castek® Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Transpo® Industries, Inc.