Blast-Safe® was originally developed for NASA to protect a launch site control tower. Today this state-of-the-art aviation safety system protects pedestrians, ground vehicles and airport facilities from dangerous jet-blast hazards from nearby aircraft.
Blast-Safe®'s 'open' structure allows jet-blast air to be safely diffused moving it up and away from the fence through the system's double-reverse corrugated (DRC) steel fabric. The system provides added safety benefits by acting as a security fence, noise attenuation barrier and glare screen as well as providing protection from airborne solid debris.
Features & Advantages
- Smallest footprint for Vertical Fencing (< 24") allowing placement in close proximity to other structures
- 75-80% reduction in wind speed velocity
- Design flexibility provides tailored protection to meet your project specifications
- Access doors, gates, lighting, barb wire attachments and other site-specific features are easily incorporated for added safety and convenience
- Angled posts allow the fence to follow tarmac irregularities, providing a significant cost savings over other systems, which must stop or overlap when faced with changing direction.
- Structural integrity of the framing system provides perimeter security against unwanted intrusions by vehicles or pedestrians.
Blast-Safe® comes in standard heights of 8, 10, 12 and 14 feet. The length and location of the fence is determined by project-specific operational restrictions. With a footprint of less than 24", the barrier can fit in "tight" locations, maximizing limited right-of-way space and Blast-Safe® design allows for the reduction in height in some areas keeping costs down while still providing maximum protection from jet-blast.
Transpo's Blast-Safe® Jet-Blast and Perimeter Security Fencing is renowned throughout the aviation industry for its unique design flexibility, superior performance and utmost reliability. Each system provides the maximum protection available from jet-blast for your airport assets.
Upon your request, Transpo's airfield safety engineers are available to evaluate proposed Blast-Safe® locations and prepare detailed design calculations in conjunction with your airport staff and consulting engineers.